Mobile heavy trailer roadworthy

Heavy Trailers (COI) Certificate of Inspections

You will need a Certificate of Inspection if you are transferring, registering or renewing your rego for a heavy trailer.

Trailers that fall into the Heavy Trailers category are for instance:

  • 5th Wheelers
  • Transporters
  • Pig Trailers
  • Dog Trailers


Also, Heavy Trailers over 3.5 tonne to 10.0 tonne (ATM) and Unregistered Trailers over 10 Tonne

A  Certificate of  Inspection covers the basics that could affect the safe operation of the vehicle.

  • Identification
  • Modifications
  • Lights & Electrical Components
  • Body & Chassis
  • Suspension
  • Wheels & Tyres
  • Brakes
  • Tow Couplings


Therefore, a Certificate of Inspection is issued if your trailer meets the minimum safety standard.

For more information about the safety standards visit: National Heavy vehicle Regulator  

Get your Safety Certificate Inspection today. We can come to you

What happens if I have a defect and it doesn’t pass on the first inspection?

Not to worry.

You have 14 days to complete the repairs.

Call us when the repairs are completed. We will come and complete the second inspection.

Most importantly, the repairs must be completed in accordance to the minimum standards.


New Heavy Trailer registrations

You will require a HVRAS if the heavy trailer is unregistered or is a new registration to Queensland.

This is a measure up of the trailer to ensure that it meets the standards set by Queensland Transport and Main Roads.

You can have the HVRAS completed at Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

However, we also offer this service as a part of our mobile inspection services.

Therefore it can be completed at the same time as the Certificate of Inspection.

In some circumstances the trailer may need to go over a weigh-bridge.

Therefore, to confirm the exact paperwork/inspections required for your trailer contact Queensland Transport and Main Roads on 13 23 80.


Book Your Inspection Now

0/5 (0 Reviews)