Mobile trailer Roadworthy Inspection queensland

Light Trailers

When you register a trailer in Queensland you are required to have a valid Safety Certificate.

This also applied if you are transferring the ownership of a trailer. 

So what types of trailers are affected?

Trailers (LT) Over 0.75 tonne to 3.5 tonne (ATM)

  • Boat Trailers
  • Car Trailers
  • Camper Trailers
  • Horse Floats
  • Caravans

Your trailer must pass the minimum safety standard for each of the following categories.

  • Identification
  • Modifications
  • Lights & Electrical Components
  • Body & Chassis
  • Suspension
  • Wheels & Tyres
  • Brakes
  • Tow Couplings

However, you may be aware but not all trailers require Safety Certificates. For instance, when your trailer has an ATM under 750kg. 

The Self Assessment form below is required in these cases.

Download: Self Assessment of single axle trailer 


Get your Safety Certificate Inspection today. We can come to you

What happens if I have a defect and it doesn’t pass on the first inspection?

In order to pass the Safety Certificate Inspection, you may need to carry out repairs on the trailer.

Queensland Transport allows you 14 days from the first inspection date to have the defects repaired.

Firstly, contact our office when the repairs have been completed.

Secondly, the examiner will check the repairs are completed to the minimum standard.

If your trailer passes the second inspection, the Certificate will be issued.

Displaying your Safety Certificate

Many of the inspections completed now are online.

However, if you have been issued a handwritten paper copy you will need to do the following.

Most importantly, your copy of the Blue label card is to be attached to an obvious place on your trailer.

This must be displayed if you have “For Sale”, “Interested” or “Like this” on your trailer. 

Consequently, it could result in a $560 on the spot fine from the Police or Queensland Transport.

However no display label is required if you have been issued an online certificate.

New Registration Application forms can be downloaded from Queensland Transport’s website.

Download: Transfer of vehicle registration application

Download: Vehicle Registration Application

What if my Trailer is imported?

To register an imported trailer you will need to go through the following process.

A VIN (Vehicle Idenification Number) needs to be issued by Queensland Transport and Main Roads as well as a Compliance plate purchase.

(See our FAQ for more compliance plate details)

The trailer must also under go a HVRAS measure up.

Book Your Inspection Now

0/5 (0 Reviews)