Motorhome Certificate of Inspections

Motorhomes are a fantastic way to holiday in Australia. It allows you the freedom of stopping wherever you like whenever you want.

Before the journey begins you will need to either register the motorhome or transfer the registration into your name.

So where do you begin?

Firstly, is the vehicle registered in Queensland?

If yes, the following is required:

If no, you will require:

  • Valid Certificate of Inspection
  • Valid Gas Certificate(For gas fitted appliances or LPG)
  • HVRAS (Measure up)

Note: The above requirements are for motorhomes that have a GVM (Gross Vehicle Mass) over 4.5t.

However, a Safety Certificate is required with a vehicle that is under 4.5t GVM.  

What is the process to have a COI inspection done?

Before you call through to make an appointment check the current or previous registration papers for the GVM.

This will help you work out exactly what you need to register or transfer the motorhome.

For Queensland registered motorhomes you can check here on Queensland Transports website. 

Once this is located, call our friendly team on 1300 617 233 to organise a time.

The inspection itself can take approximately 45 minutes.

What happens if it does not pass?

No need to panic. At times there are repairs that need to be carried out before the Certificate can be issued.

You have 14 days to complete the repairs.

When they have been completed within the 14 days, give us a call on 1300 617 233 to book a re-inspection.

*Fees do apply for mobile re-inspections.*

How long does the Certificate last for?

For a private sale the COI lasts for 2 months or 2000kms (Whichever one comes first)

However for dealers the Certificate lasts for 3 months or 1000 kms (Whichever one comes first)

0/5 (0 Reviews)